ESG – A major theme impacting technology, media and telecommunications
LONDON, June 08, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — COP26 has emphasized that both private and public finance are needed to finance technology for a low-carbon economy. Every financial decision must take the climate into account. Central banks and regulators must ensure that our financial systems can withstand the impacts of climate change, and ESG will be factored into all investment decisions. From 2021, the SFDR (Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation) is required by all financial market participants operating within the EU. ESG reporting will become an expectation in 2022, and the creation of the International Sustainability Standards Board will add clarity to the otherwise confusing world of ESG disclosure. Those who do not disclose their ESG performance will face backlash from shareholders who will increasingly demand that companies align with ESG standards.
The Technology, media and telecoms (TMT) Predictionnots Market research report offered by GobalData Plc identifies the top 30 topics that will impact the TMT industry in 2022. Our topic research ecosystem is designed to gauge how well companies are positioned for the future by based on their competitive position in the main themes disrupting their sector.
Major T-technologyhemes Impacting the TMT Inindustry
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- cyber security
- Augmented Reality (AR)
- quantum computing
- cloud computing
- Software Defined Everything (SDE)
- Spatial economy
- Industry 4.0
- Consumer Internet of Things (Consumer IoT)
- Smart cities
- Ambient trade
- Future mobility
- health technology
- social media
- cloud gaming
For more information on technology topics impacting the TMT industry, download free sample report
Major Macroeconomic Jhemes Impacting the TMT Inindustry
- The future of work
- Mergers & Acquisitions
For more information on macroeconomic themes impacting the TMT industry, download free sample report
Major Regulatory Theme impacting the TMT Inindustry
TMT Predictions Market OOverview
|Technological topics||Artificial Intelligence (AI), Cybersecurity, Metaverse, Augmented Reality (AR), Quantum Computing, Cloud Computing, Software Defined Everything (SDE), 5G, Space Economy, Robotics, Industry 4.0, Consumer Internet of Things (Consumer IoT) , Smart Cities, Ambient Commerce, Fintech, Cryptocurrency, Batteries, Future Mobility, Healthtech, Edtech, Social Media, Cloud Gaming and Streaming|
|Macroeconomic topics||ESG, COVID-19, Future of Work, Geopolitics, China and M&A|
|Regulatory topic||Data Privacy|
TMT Predictions Market Report Scope
- Analysis of the 30 most important themes impacting the TMT industry, classified into three groups: technological, macroeconomic and regulatory. These include ESG, Metaverse, AI, Future of Work and Data Privacy.
- A series of quantitative and qualitative forecasts for each theme in 2022, including market forecasts. Infographics are provided for each theme to substantiate key predictions using survey results and data from patents, jobs, deals, company filings and social media analytics databases from GlobalData. Winners and losers are identified in each theme using data from thematic dashboards, driven by GlobalData’s unique thematic methodology.
- An overview of M&A deals from 2021. Predictions of target companies to acquire in 2022 across 17 subsectors and themes across hardware, software and services, as well as internet and media.
Reasons to buy
- Position yourself for future success by investing in the most important technological, regulatory and macroeconomic themes of the TMT industry. Informed by GlobalData analysts, we provide recommendations on actions you should take in each theme to improve your position.
- Find the top vendors for the TMT industry’s most disruptive topics from our winners lists and shortlist potential partners based on their areas of expertise.
- Quickly identify attractive investment targets by understanding which companies are the most advanced in the themes that will determine future success in the TMT industry.
- Quantify global sales opportunities for disruptive technology services by accessing market size and forecasts from GlobalData, produced by analysts from technology, healthcare, automotive, retail, banking , aerospace, defense and security.
- Gain a competitive edge in the future of the TMT industry by reading this report in conjunction with another multi-topic report, Tech, Media, & Telecom Themes 2022, which is organized by industry.
What are the major technology themes impacting the the technology, media and telecommunications industry?
The major technology themes impacting the TMT industry are Artificial Intelligence (AI), Cybersecurity, Metaverse, Augmented Reality (AR), Quantum Computing, Cloud Computing, all defined by software (SDE), 5G, space economy, robotics, industry 4.0, consumer Internet. of Things (Consumer IoT), smart cities, ambient commerce, fintech, cryptocurrency, batteries, future mobility, healthtech, edtech, social networks, cloud gaming and streaming.
What are the Major macroeconomic themes impacting the the technology, media and telecommunications industry?
Key macro themes impacting the TMT industry include ESG, COVID-19, Future of Work, Geopolitics, China, and M&A.
What is the Major regulatory theme impacting the the technology, media and telecommunications industry?
The main regulatory topic impacting the TMT industry is data privacy.
- Tech Sentiment Surveys, Q1 2022 – Topic Research – Click here
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Sentiment Surveys, Q1 2022 – Thematic Research – Click here
- Metaverse – Thematic research – Click here
- Technology patents by major themes, 2017-2021 – Thematic research – Click on hbefore
- GlaxoSmithKline – Enterprise Technology Ecosystem Series – Click here
GlobalData is a leading provider of data, analytics and insights on the world’s biggest industries. In an increasingly fast-paced, complex and uncertain world, it’s never been harder for organizations and decision-makers to predict and navigate the future. That’s why GlobalData’s mission is to help our customers understand the future and benefit from faster and better informed decisions. As a leading information services company, thousands of customers rely on GlobalData for reliable, timely and actionable information. Our solutions are designed to provide everyday benefit to professionals within enterprises, financial institutions, professional services and government agencies.
+44 (0)207 936 6400